View Single Post
Old 28-09-2017, 09:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnostic
So ego resides in the throat chakra?
I'm simply trying to understand what ego is and how I can identify it in me.
It seems that everyone is running around saying "ego, ego" but no one knows exactly what it is, or has vague understandings of it based on experience and things they heard/read from psychology and spiritual masters.
The problem is, in my current experience, I'm simply unable to pinpoint an ego in me... maybe it's a blind spot on my behalf and I know there would be those who would claim it is, but I'm simply generating a conversation trying to share ideas so we can collectively understand what ego is and if it's possible to not have one. I'm even willing, after a lengthy chat that didn't seem so friendly from those whom I was questioning about the same topic, to put this whole discussion to rest since talks of ego tend to generate negative reactions from others especially when there is someone claiming they don't have one.

The ego is the thing you identify as. It's the easiest thing in the world to identify, it's what you consider to be yourself.

It's not that nobody has a definition. It's that there are many definitions for the same word. Some use ego in the fruedian sense, some use ego in the eastern mysticism sense. Etc. the list goes on.