View Single Post
Old 19-10-2018, 08:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
No, not young. And maybe you're new age. Because there is in fact and at the very least a collective consciousness aspect to human reality. So there's much more that question than just everyone creating their own reality. But that's a whole other conversation.

You're didn't respond to what I wrote. I wasn't talking about new age ideas about creating our own reality. I was talking about truth versus lies. And being able to easily see when people are lying. I'm not new age but I am OLD school. I deal with questions practically and logically. And I was specifically addressing your "fake news" comment. I said, and repeat, that anyone with even the slightest bit of conscious awareness can easily spot liars and con artists. I can certainly tell when someone is passing off lies as the truth, or manipulating facts in a deceptive and untruthful way. You haven't been following politics the past two years I guess, it's particularly easy to tell these days.

Not politicizing the discussion ... just a quick test: in the recent US Supreme Court nomination, did the lady who accused the judge of inappropriate sexual behavior 35 years ago, lie or not? How could you tell? Most likely, function of your past experience, or biased by your political inclination, you believed her not.