View Single Post
Old 16-12-2015, 11:23 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly
I'm done with the new age movement. It was fine when I still enjoyed mentally examining life, spirit and morality ad infinitum searching for truth but not anymore.

The downside to the new age is the consensus of belief can make it very hard for people to believe in their right to become enlightened ALL ON THEIR OWN. No angels, channels, psychics, spiritual practises, "raising of vibration" or beliefs in Gods involved!

So many contradictions in the new age community, and no centralisation. People are basically making their own God, their own religion - which is fine, but then they go and argue about who's right! Ugh. Exhausting. I did it too, and I'm relieved to say it was just a learning phase and I can no longer be bothered.

I've said it (and practised it long before I came to this site or encountered new age philosophy) - the only thing you need to become enlightened, is meditation. That's it. Nothing else.

Enlightenment states are very easy. Half the stuff the New Age philosophy puts in your mind is just overcomplication and actually an obstacle to achieving self awareness.

Just my random pre-christmas 2 pence.

For me i just stick with feeling my way. Instead of from the head i do it from the heart. The benefit is that there isnt much if anything to figure out. I just continually open myself up more and more to deeper connection to spirit. As this happens its very easy to identify and measure. Cause i become more and more dissolved into the causeless joy of the spirit. It becomes every square inch of my being. And then becomes deeper and stronger. Its felt and all about feeling my way further into it. There is nothing much to discuss or debate about. And you wouldnt care anyways cause you become to drunk in your own beingness for it to matter. Lol. And if you do debate or whatever about it. Its not like anything can be taken away from you. Lol. Cause no matter whats on your mind the joy is there anyways.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4