Old 24-03-2019, 01:58 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Thanks GS!
As always JL, you're very welcome.

Quote:
And one of the best contexts to do that is in a job where you can bring home the bacon, both in terms of financial security and Spiritually helping people.
Quote:
That is my dream - haha
It's realising that the two are not mutually exclusive, because in a sales job I'd think there's plenty of opportunity to network and meet people. Betcha there are loads of Spiritual people in sales jobs that help others Spiritually.
Quote:
What is it you're looking for? How do you scratch that unscratchable itch that just won't stop nagging away at you?
Quote:

Not only that - it's the only sane part of life almost [to me]
I'd hazard a wild guess and say that the chances are this isn't your first reincarnation, so your Soul is masochistic?
Quote:
If you want to help people Spiritually, what does that mean to you personally?
Quote:
Helping them become free - from ego (I know you don't like the word); transcendence, beauty, love, life

Thanks for your comments and sharings,

JL
I don't have a problem with the word 'ego' if used correctly. I worked in mental health for a few years and believe me when I tell you that freedom from your ego is not what you want, and the irony is that if you did have it you wouldn't have the faculties to know that it wasn't a way to experience your existence. I also know that you have a thing about transcending ego but what those ancient masters don't tell you is that the ones that have successfully achieved an ego-less state have had to be spoon fed. And likely their nappies changed. The grass is certainly not greener. If you're really going to understand this, check out Maya and Samadhi because I think Maya is what is meant by ego.

One of the things I would like people to be free of are the Spiritual equivalents of urban myths as truths or Universal Laws.

Given a magic wand I'd want much the same list as you, but then those have to come though people's choices and they're not things that can be taught, they can only be found by the individual that you've led. And I also strongly believe that if you haven't found them within yourself you can't teach or lead others to them.

Did you know you're 'infectious'? When you have transcendence, beauty, Love and Life you radiate them out.