View Single Post
Old 13-07-2019, 08:41 PM
Master

I began consciously searching for spiritual answers as a confused teenager in my first term at university in the UK. My search was motivated by suffering, my own suffering and the suffering I had seen around me. And growing up in Asia, I had seen plenty of suffering, particularly in Calcutta which in December 1971 was flooded with refugees from the war in what was then East Pakistan.

So I was at a party in Brighton on the south coast, having consumed a quantity of mushrooms and had a few spliffs when I became very inward looking. Suddenly I was struck with a clear knowing that I was searching for peace and love and happiness and I would never find these things in the external world because they were all within me, and I had to clean up my life, become vegetarian and begin meditating (even though I had no idea what meditation was). For me, this was a clear message from the Soul.

Two days later, back at university I came across a meditation group doing Shabd Yoga, and that has been my path and practice ever since.

Everything happens with perfect timing.

Peace.