View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 03:08 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

Cosmic absolute truths exist. Some people cant handle that. And that there is finite set they also dont seem to be able to handle.

Ex. there can only exist five regular/symmetrical and convex polyhedra of Universe. End of that finite story.

There may be exist a few others that are regular/symmetrical but there not convex. Still there the end of a finite story also.

Why so many people want to embrace falsehoods of infinity is not a complete surprise to me.

They feel inferior in their lives, so infinite possibilities is their easy way out out of not knowing or, lacking an answer. Especially more so for men than women.

The more correct approach is to say, when you dont have an answer is that, there are many factors involved, or it is complex and I dont have all of the answers, or I have some of the answers and not the others because of all of the above etc.

Then you any number of people who have had their personal experience to to this or that, when there is no other observational evidence known to humans.

And then there are those narccissitic people who will make any number of false statements, as it doesnt matter to them, as long as they state them enough times over and over, people will begin to believe them.

We see this currently going on at national levels.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman