View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 07:55 PM
Adam23

Sorry for postponing the reply. As I wrote, I had a lot on my head this week and I also expected to make a really long reply to what all of you wrote here, but... To be honest I read your posts again today and you answered all of my questions stated in the first post. I don't think I have anything else to add... Which is kind of funny, because I thought I would write something the length of an essay.

Two more questions popped up in my head when reading, however. I wonder, does Buddhism focus a lot on suffering? Because, it may be that it's just another misconception I have about it, but the thing I always disliked about Christianity (I was a Christian in my earlier years) was that it focused a lot on the negative (original sin, hell, the feeling of guilt). I always thought it's similar in Buddhism, only here it's about suffering.

My second question is more personal - is it normal that when I read about your explanation of lack of ego (trying to avoid specific names for it, as there were a lot of different ones in this topic) it sounds wonderful, but scary at the same time? Take into consideration that I was never a Buddhist, however I use some of Buddhism's ideas - meditation techniques mainly.

I also want to thank all of you for your posts, they were very interesting to read and clarified a lot