View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 01:59 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeGood88
Better world? Are you sure that you are not living in a different reality than me? Things are getting worse; gun violence is out of control, Net Neutrality is going to die next month, thanks to people who are power hungry money munchers. Also, I personally think that the Millennials are the worst generation ever! The Baby Boomers are at least grateful for everything. The Millennials complain about anything and everything. If something gets an 80 on MetaCritic, it's automatically bad. Seriously back when people like Roger Ebert were still alive, they knew a BIG difference between a good film and a bad film. The Millennials have no clue what is good or what is bad. No disrespect to myself, as I was born in 1988, therefore I am a Generation X/Millennial, but at least I show some respect. Everyone on the internet is treating me with disrespect, like I'm a bad person. I am NOT a bad person. Seriously, just because I have Autism, doesn't mean I act like Chris Chan. I'm getting really sick of that, oh and people saying I use the "Autism" card. This is what I'm talking about. The 21st century is just awful and don't even get me started on the SJWs and PC culture that is further derailing our society, like a trainwreck! Why didn't God allow us to travel back in time to escape the awfulness, known as the 21st century? Will we ever figure out backwards time travel? Because if it were possible, I would go back to the 50s and STAY THERE!

It may seem awful compared to our idealistic expectations, but it is a lot better compared to the more awful past.

We’re no longer trapped in the bounds of an awful world war, and the multiple genocides have ended. The United Nation’s millenial developmental goals have been reached — poverty has lessened, gender equality is getting better, and peole are gathering more environmental support. A hundred years ago, our life span would be around 40 and 50 from the low medical progress there.

International trade is skyrocketing, and with this allows people to exchange ideas. The internet is often seen as a place to distract ourselves from important things in our lives, but it also allows us to learn several important questions in our life if we choose.Education is reaching more countries based on the statistics of Gapminder, and electricity as well as medical informaton can reach poorer areas because of wifi connections.

I’m autistic too, and I agree that people are prejudiced, but less than before. Back then they’d lock you up at a mental institution and say you can never progress. Look at now. I’ve been a soul dedicated to advancing technology throughout my lifetimes — on Earth and other planets. My experience is that for each technological advancements, people are too cynical about it without taking time to learn about it.

Socrates used to be against the written word or books. Earlier on, people were cynical about radios being used by “kids today”. Now people are against video games when it has so much potential as an artform because it’s more interactive compared to the overly passive experiences of other media.

Nearly every, if not every, generation is cynical about the next generation. People make high standards for each generation, but of course the youngest generation are the ones that make the most mistakes — they’re the least experienced in life after all. Give them time and many will grow into better adults.

I trust your judgement on this and encourage you to make your own decisions, but please research accurate information first before complaining.

Last edited by SerendipityLizard : 07-06-2018 at 04:50 AM.