View Single Post
Old 14-06-2017, 01:59 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokazulu
I have cut out all refined sugar from my diet.

But, I know fruits have natural sugar and I wonder what kind of effect it has if I eat too many fruits?

I know sugar is detrimental to overall health and we only need roughly 25g (or possibly less) every single day, but we know fruits are healthy because of the vitamins and minerals they contain.

I want to start eating a ton of dates so I can gain weight, but one date is 16g of sugar which is about all you really need for one day.

Right now I feel that no matter how much sugar I take in it won't really be all that detrimental to me, so long as I take it in from fruits, however I want to know your perspective at this time.

You didn't mention what kind of foods you do eat along with the fruit you're asking about. Do you think maybe you could make some adjustments there or simply add more calories (bigger portions) if gaining a little weight is a goal for you?

One word of comfort to you (maybe). My husband was 125 pounds (5'11') until he hit 35 when he crept up slightly over 130. Now at 66, he doesn't have to fight his weight (he's 146 lbs) like most old guys his age and he can see his shoes unlike his brother who was a more average size/weight ratio and can only see his shoes when he's standing up in front of a floor length mirror So there is something to look forward to even though right now it must be frustrating for you.