Thread: my snoopy
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Cherub T

my snoopy

Hi everyone, I have a pair of house bunnies, one of them (snoopy) i've had for 8 years and he was a rescue, so he is an elderly bun. He isn't doing too good, the vet says he is just getting old. He is losing weight and i know the time is near for him. I feel so alone, my husband is away for two weeks working and I understand if my bunny was in serious pain, then i'd have to take him back to the vets. I was there today, but the time wasn't right for me to let go, then i brought him home and he has been munching away at his greens and carrots. I wouldn't let him suffer longer than needed, but my instinct today was to bring him home. I have some meds for him to take that the vet thought would help.

I feel so silly as i am 30 years old and i've never lost a pet before. I have experience with loss though with losing my father at 20. I was strong for my mum and then 6 months later it really had an awful effect. Soon after my gran passed. I guess Snoopy and i both need healing here (we all do). I'm scared it brings up the feelings i had before. I'm really sensitive indeed. I pick up others emotions easily too and very much an empath. Anyway my main concern is obviously my poor bun and his wee partner, they have bonded and the loss of one has an awful effect on the other. I just felt i needed someone to talk to.

Also i feel on my spiritual path i will come across loss frequently, i just don't know how to stop crying today. sniff! x