View Single Post
Old 13-09-2018, 04:24 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scucca
I had a concerning dream that I believe to be a premonition. I first dreamt that my mother committed suicide while we were on a trip visiting family (which we're planning to actually do relatively soon.) Then I dreamt a reader I follow on YouTube was pulling cards for me. She pulled one with a butterfly on it, at the bottom it read "Suicide." She said, "Someone close to you is going to attempt suicide."

I see that you have already received a couple of insightful responses from Clover and Michelle to your suicide dream. It is apparently quite a worrying dream and certainly calls for its content to be resolved!

A way of starting to look at the dream would be to treat it as a message about you, for you (and only later relate it, if necessary, to your external mother).

So in the dream it is the mother committing suicide. Using a standard symbolic model of the psyche: the Mother represents the body, the Father the spirit, and then there is you the child as the soul on a spiritual journey.

Suicide is a desire to leave the outer world which has become hateful in some way (typically thoughts of suicide are also accompanied by self-hate). In the first instance it may be well worth looking at your own life to see if some part of life has become intolerable for your instinctual body self; is there something you have to make and force yourself do?

Generally, a dream, in the first instance, relates to issues within oneself. Secondarily though, you could look at your relationship with your external mother. Is it possible that the dream is a strong protest about you going on holiday with your external mother? i.e. going on a trip and journey with the external mother because of which your own journey with the needs of your inner mother and body will get neglected or compromised? This would then indicate a profound clash of the intentions and purposes of the inner mother within you, versus the intentions and purposes for you that your external mother has.

Last edited by Drewan : 13-09-2018 at 10:31 PM.