View Single Post
Old 20-03-2019, 08:05 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
I know you said that in a forum specific context, but it's an interesting statement when applied to human life in general especially applying the central tenet of Buddhism that "life is suffering." The question being, why do some choose incarnations full of suffering? Being born in sick or mentally ill bodies, in war zones, within families where one is abused, in violent cultures and locations?

There are two basic answers, one is we choose that for growth potential, the challenge that comes from that to turn a strong negative into something positive, then another answer is it is chosen for karmic reasons, we choose those horrible experiences to atone for us doing the same kind of thing to others and by experiencing them ourselves, we learn to have compassion and understanding for others in a way we did not have before. By being the victim of abuse instead of the perpetrators of abuse, we come to understand the profound impact our actions can have on others. Thus, the spiritual traits of compassion and empathy are formed. We develop a strong tendency to not harm others as we know what it is to be harmed.

Self caused suffering exists as higher awareness is needed to break free of it. Higher awareness or awareness of the true nature of self or consciousness is the goal of this physical world.

Good afternoon Rain

Did I

Your post is like a tapestry, it weaves within itself and each thread has a life of it own, this is why I don't do long posts.

I'm more into simple stuff, short and sweet

Give you one thing your a smart cookie