View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 01:47 AM
Master
Any Marathon Runners and Figure Skaters?

Hi everyone, I just want to reach out and see if there are any other marathoners and figure skaters out there that can help support and give each other advice. I ran my first marathon last year. Unfortunately, I had to miss two months of training prior to the race. I was hesitant to go, but I somehow managed it anyway (our bodies are amazing machines!) with a decent time. I am also considering training to do an ultra marathon and see if I can push the limits a little bit. In addition, I am also doing figure skating, but my skills are rudimentary at best. I can do single rotation jumps in both directions and a double flip and a double toe loop with some effort, lol! It's so much fun. Let me know if you guys have any comments or advice to give!

Here are some general questions that I have:

How much more challenging is training for an ultra marathon compared to a regular marathon?

I am training to do figure skating jump rotations both clockwise and counter clockwise. Should I focus on one rotational side instead so that I progress faster?

What are your favorite marathon race(s)?

Who's your favorite skater(s)?

Thanks and blessings to all! :)

P.S. Yuzuru Hanyu is my hero!

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬