View Single Post
Old 19-05-2020, 03:25 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
"Where are you from?" Is usually a small talk question. It is very similar to "How are you?"

If somebody ask "How are you?" and you tell them the truth, that is if you are not 'fine', they typically get bored with you.

As for close friends, we typically like to reminiscence on such matters so to both of the above questions, we generally don't avoid the answer but instead talk in detail on the subject.

In my mother tongue, "Bixi Yanikech"(How are you in English) literally means "tell me everything" and the person who asks would pay whole attention to everything that is said and will not add anything or try to stop, if it be good or bad, it does not matter, not just with friends but anyone of the same tongue even if it be strangers!

Its "healing" when one listens to another completely. I m happy for you, that you and your close friends listen to each other. Giving space is really of great importance, surely!

I also wish that people(of all race, creed and color) in general listen to each other without getting bored. I wish they just dont use the words "how are you? and where are you from? as just a means to an end.
Its just my wish for now!

Thanks for giving space and listening. :)