Thread: Book Esoterics
View Single Post
Old 26-02-2018, 10:12 AM
Master
If it was not for you quoting the OP, Sky, I would have been none the wiser as to his 'knowledge'. :)

We take from books and from life and from experience, those materials we require for spiritual growth, as long as they are applicable to the individual and applied as such.

Oh the number of esoteric texts I have studied and devoured in my lifetime...thousands, but for the past 20 years or so, the only book I have read was one by Gregg Braden called "The Belief Code". However, most of what I have learned comes from three sources:

1. The shamans of Bali, Indonesia.
2. The teachings of Satyananda Saraswati &
3. My own 'inner guru' which, of course is Shiva.

Having said that, people can get 'hung up' on just about anything - Esoteric books, Mills and Boon books, going to football matches, watching soap operas, posting on SF forums, eating chocolate cake, doing yoga...until they get bored or death claims them...either way.

It is rather silly to assume one knows the karma of another and attributes this to a certain action, when the only test OF it will be at the actual end of life...if they have either obtained Moksha, or need a few more goes on the Kalachakra merry-go-round and nobody in this lifetime can know it.

It is also karma which dictates what one is 'sposed to DO with all the knowledge they have gleaned and of course, they can post articles on SF forums about it, but while ever that is done with some kind of 'agenda', another coin gets deposited in the slot of the merry-go-round for the next ride.

We live, we learn...we learn, we live and yes, I agree that not ALL knowledge comes from books and those who cannot read are no less 'spiritual' than those who can.

For example...and it is a very GOOD one.

In India, all of the esoteric knowledge and teachings are basically confined to the "Brahmin caste" as they are the 'chosen ones' to hold it...they are the only ones allowed to study and read it so only THEY can attain moksha/liberation and nobody else can.

As such, all the poor Shudra Caste remains illiterate...they have no way of obtaining liberation...but oh wai...YES they do! through worship and love of God.

Yes, one can study the sacred texts and through them, develop a love for God...which was pretty much what happened to me.

Of course, esoteric knowledge isn't everything, it's only a 'means unto an end' but until that is understood and experientially realised, the Esoteric texts will still be studied until one can learn nothing more FROM them and how many lifetimes this will take is anybody's guess.

I don't consider myself any better/worse than a 'bum in the street' because I know what I know! they could tell me something that I did NOT know and what they told me could make all the difference. However, it's those who preach and profess their own 'truths' to be 'absolute' is what annoys me just a bit...also, those who say how 'esoteric knowledge is binding' and yet, go on to post thread after thread of 'esoteric knowledge' on this forum and if there's another thing I cannot stand, it's hypocrisy.

So, maybe I'm egotistical, maybe I am proud, maybe I still have a 'lot to learn' but that's far better than one who posits that they do not.

There but for the GRACE OF GOD go I.