View Single Post
Old 28-10-2006, 11:12 PM
Pounamu

Kundalini, Good morning!

This truly is the best of the spiritual forums that I frequent; and I am very happy with it... I respect you for your taking on and handling a job that can be difficult if these abuses occur.

To my mind, people who are abusive or petty are revealing to the whole forum their type of consciousness, and that will bring its own harvest back to them... for myself, I ignore the foibles and engage in the debate if and when I see that it could be useful in some way. If someone throws insulting remarks my way, I think to myself "Well it takes two to make an insult effective; one who gives it with malice aforethought, and one who takes it up and accepts it!" And if it is not accepted (like water off a duck's back), then it simply falls flat and the disservice is done to the originator. I believe this is one way to handle such an exchange; but of course I realise that there are others who would think in terms of "I'm not going to let them get away with doing that!!!" and their first and swift reaction is to engage in battle.

I guess that such people will eventually come to the realisation that such a reaction simply invites more of the same; violence begets violence, and NEVER improves the situation; but people have to learn this in their own time.

If we can train ourselves to go into the heart when faced with this, and realise that we are all, truly, brothers and sisters of the one family, and we all react as our consciousness is at the time, these 'brickbats' can be set aside with the love of our hearts that melts all problems in compassion and understanding of another's point of view, as being simply their contribution of the moment. If it reveals that they have work to do on themselves, we can silently bless them towards success in that!

Respectfully,
Pounamu