View Single Post
Old 21-02-2018, 02:13 AM
Master
Namaste and Om Swasti Astu.

There are a lot of topics in this forum I can reply to now, but my time on the internet is thus limited.

I find it quite incredulous that when I had unlimited internet access, I seemed to be the only one making new threads and now my time online is limited, what I have been waiting for, for the past 3 years has finally arrived...and I cannot take full advantage of it.

Times have changed, my friend...my dear Nitiananda.

'These days', Hatha Yoga and Raja Yoga are only empty shells of their former selves under the Saints and Preceptors who taught that sacred knowledge in the first place (and it's even MORE relevant for now than it was back then).

If we look at the Hatha Yoga Pridipika, as taught by Swami Svatmarama...if we look at the Yoga Sutras/Aphorisms of Patanjali...study Patanjali's Eight Limbs of Yoga (which was probably a rip-off of the Buddhists Noble Eightfold Path)...if we look at the Waves of Beauty/Bliss by Adi Shankaracharya (Soundarya/Ananda Lahari) and if we go right back to the Hindu Agamas...the roots of Tantra and Yoga itself, we can see that what is packaged and practiced as being "Yoga" today bares absolutely NO resemblance to the 'original product'.

Whenever this gets mentioned (when I mention it) it's like; "oh, the times have changed...human nature just isn't the same now (rubbish)...we have to re-write all those sacred texts...adapt them all to OUR way, they are of no use to anybody anymore how they are...etc" and yet, within those sacred texts themselves, they TOLD us all that this would happen to those sacred teachings...because adulteration of the direct word of God (Dakshinamoorthy) is what happens in the middle of Kali Yuga as we move from the sign of Pisces into the sign of Aquarius...it was FORETOLD that what is known as 'Yoga' would be totally corrupted beyond all recognition during this Yuga.

So, it's really pointless to adopt any practice which hasn't been certified in the Vedas and/or the Agamas...but MOST people don't see it that way and therefore the 'true Yogi' is a dying breed...unfortunately.

Also, Avatars don't need to be 'seen' to physically represent or 'walk among us' and I could mention Mahavatar Babaji...I could mention Sanat Kumara...or my friends from the Pleiades.

Om Namah Shivaya