View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 06:10 PM
zen_path

What did you learn in 2012 from your twin flame relationship?

I thought it would be interesting to start a thread on lessons learned. A few days ago I wrote down a list of the things that I learned in 2012. Even I was surprised at my list!

Even though it's been a challenging process... and I mean really tough and painful at times, I can easily see that it's been the most amazing year for personal growth in my entire life. It's all synched to connecting with my TF a little over a year ago.

I think it's like going through a pregnancy and giving birth - it's a long process and there is lots of waiting, and growth, and expectations, and unknowns. You can't get through it without pain that sometimes seems intolerable. But it's an incredible process that leads to a completely changed life and overwhelming love.

Here's my list, I would love to see your thoughts as well.

By the way, all of these were learned through direct, hands-on, felt at my core experience, not just reading about it. So I truly feel I've had the crash course to end all crash courses. I'm not saying I'm perfect at all of these...I have plenty of learning and practicing to do in 2013.

Zen_Path's Lessons Learned in 2012
* to love unconditionally
* to tap into and radiate that love to others
* to be thankful all the time to God/the Universe for this amazing opportunity I've been given
* to extend forgiveness to all (including myself)
* to let go of the need to control things which I can't control, and the anxiety and stress that comes with that
* to be happy on my own, not requiring anyone else to 'make' me happy
* that seemingly random coincidences are not necessarily random, it's up to you to be awake and aware of what's going on and spot those connections, and up to you to find the purpose within those events
* that the Universe will help you - you need to figure out what you want, make your requests with only the purest of intentions, and truly have faith that everything will work out for the best
* everything and anything is possible with love
* that your little voice of heart and intuition is always present, but so quiet that it takes a still mind to be able to hear it. So calm yourself down and listen - everyday
* that you need to know yourself, be brutally honest with yourself, forgive, love and accept yourself
* that surrender IS an option, when you are surrendering to a divine force greater than your own
* that many of my personal belief systems were flawed, based on other's expectations of what I *should* do, or based on ideas that no longer resonate with me. So I'm building a new set of beliefs.
* the timing of God/the Universe is not dictated by me, so be patient
* that you can recognize when it's your ego (or someone else's ego) talking by words like 'I should', 'how could you?', 'everyone does', 'I'm scared of', "I hate that", "that's right", "that's wrong". The heart speaks in softer words, like "I found", "do you feel?", "I love", "we can", "it depends", "I trust"
* that the ego is a great tool - it can help you set and meet goals, take action. But it's a tool that should be led by the heart.

Have a Happy New Year!