View Single Post
Old 15-07-2019, 10:06 PM
Newbie ;)

Question Is this some kind of platonic soul mate/contract?

For the past few months I have become more and more convinced that an individual I've met almost a year ago is some kind of platonic soul mate or soul contract. The first time I saw them, I definitely remember that there was something striking about seeing them, almost like recognition. They were in somewhat of a position of authority over me, but were only a few years older than me (early-mid 20s).

This person and I are no longer in contact at the moment as, looking back, I realized I didn't respect them or what they were trying to tell me, and so they ended our "relationship". However, the way they ended it was for me abrupt, heartbreaking, humiliating and somewhat unfair as I had had no prior warning that this might happen. I feel like this was an upsetting event in my life, and normally I would develop a very nasty grudge against someone that hurt me like that. However, while I do have occasional spurts of intense anger towards this person, I actually, for some reason, feel very drawn towards them, like I really want them in my life, and forgave her for this. I felt this way from the moment I met them, that there was something special about them, just like they were really fascinating and different somehow from others, in a good way of course. For some reason it's almost like I feel we will create things together in the future. Who knows, it's entirely possible that I am just projecting all of these qualities onto this person.

I also kind of feel like I have telepathy with this person, but am not sure to what degree, because it's like I find myself automatically "chatting" with this person through my thoughts, it's like I do it without even thinking. About two or so weeks prior to us falling apart, I remember lying in bed and suddenly having this idea pop into my head out of nowhere that they were going to get rid of me. It was an upsetting idea and I tried to reason myself out of it, but two weeks later it happened. I feel like this was the universe warning me of their intentions, because it would have been 10x more devastating if I had been hit blindsided by it, this way I was suspecting it for a day actually before it happened. I actually remember discussing my anxiety with my peers the same day it happened, and they tried to reason me out of it, saying that there was no way that could happen. However, I also feel like this was some kind of telepathy from that person, whether conscious or unconscious I don't know.

I've also had a couple of occurrences that seemed like they could be synchronicities, or maybe just coincidence. About a month ago, I was on a bike ride and stopped for water at a park when a woman suddenly asks me for help just as I'm about to pull off. Her dog was missing, and of course the dog had the same name as this person, and it's not a common name for a dog either. A few days ago, as I'm browsing my laptop, I suddenly get this urge to look away from the screen into the distance and I put this thought into my head, and I remember I really put a lot of power into this thought. The thought was "I miss you (insert name)", and the first thing I see as I look back at my screen is a particular Youtube recommendation thumbnail that reads in red, on a white background "Missing U" (the song was "Missing U" by Robyn). That was quite an intense experience, I tell you.

One last thing, this person always seems to be on my mind even though I don't have any sexual or romantic attraction to them. This confuses me, I can't figure out the source of my fascination with them, the best way I can describe it is like I just really want them in my life, they would have a lot to offer somehow. I also feel like I owe them, perhaps some kind of past life karma is involved? Thanks for any advice, sorry for the long post haha