View Single Post
Old 14-05-2020, 09:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Yup, I know the meaning of both words. As to the context in this discussion (emphasis added):

LoA is all about material or economic abundance.

https://www.thelawofattraction.com/w...of-attraction/

"It is the Law of Attraction which uses the power of the mind to translate whatever is in our thoughts and materialize them into reality. In basic terms, all thoughts turn into things eventually."

Things are material. LoA is all about attracting material abundance through mere thought alone, though in reality it's not really about thought. In essence one is programming their subconscious to do the things necessary to put one in a better position to get those material things not through thought, but action. Work harder, increase one's education or skills, lobby for a promotion or raise, etc...

This is why I have in past posts contended LoA is antithetical to spiritual non-duality.

Don't get me wrong, if one wants to practice LoA it's fine, however it simply is not something one finds in any system of spiritual non-duality that I'm aware of.
How is the LoA antithetical to spiritual non-duality, when non-duality, oneness and wholeness is everything and vice versa? You speak of non-duality, yet you divide and separate non-duality. That is not how non-duality works. That is your personal subjective belief of the LoA by separating and dividing non-duality.The LoA attracts people and situations to you too and people and situations are not things.

The last 2 sentences of your post, you seem to confuse goal setting (Napoleon Hill's book "think and grow rich" comes to mind here) with the LoA.

Non-duality means one is everything, which includes the LoA and everything is one, not what you want to pick and choose non-duality to mean.