View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 06:33 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents
It's interesting that, that is how you took what I said, I was mentioning a struggle I had in embracing the faith my family tried to spoon feed me in childhood... Arguments I made around age 9.

It is however relevant to mention in conjunction to my attraction to Islam as Islam forbids reproductions of the Prophet pbuh. It is extremely important in the faith that people make the distinction between God, his prophets and his messenger.

It is a topic of some debate among Christians as to weather you worship God or Jesus, I've been present for enough of these conversations. In my heart I have never waivered in the belief we are to worship God and only God. An idea that is consistently agreed upon throughout the faith of Islam.

Not entirely sure if you mean to say I was wrong in making the argument as a child or that I was wrong in sharing that I did here... But either way, the point of that post was to provide examples of deep seeded ideals evident even early on in my life, that I feel Islam has addressed for me in ways other faiths I've explored could not.

I agree, I did not see what you wrote about Jesus as putting down Christianity. One should as questions in religion and not follow blindly, regardless of what religion they choose. My mom once said to me, "There are many paths to God." It is pointless to argue why one path is better than another. I have been Muslim for 20 years and was raised Christian. It is a misunderstood religion to many. Follow your heart and don't feel you habe to defend your views, but I encourage you to seek knowledge. Even in Islam just like Christianity and other religions there are varying schools of thought.