View Single Post
Old 15-11-2017, 10:40 PM
Master
Hi Seedoflight,

I have googled images of what you speak of, I would be inclined to agree with you it is something very similar to an olivine bomb, but I do not believe that is exactly what it is.

My reasons for this, is there was no black volcanic substance on it when I found it, I found it just as it is. The base stone it seems for the most part made of, looks like a translucent quartz, at first I thought it smoky quartz, but it is very gray up close, and almost looks blue from further away, I believe it to not actually be quartz but Glaucophane or something similar to it. It has bits of red like I said, and maybe green, I am not positive if it indeed has green at this time.

The closest minerals I have found to make sense to me are perhaps garnet within glaucophane or eclogite or something like these.

I will know more if indeed I get rock polishing supplies I am hoping for for Christmas. If I do get the diamond paper I need, then hopefully will know more after December. Crossing my fingers as I am going a bit insane trying to get to the bottom to the mystery of this stone, hahaha.

Even if it is just a plain old rock, I really have grown fond of this stone, I felt called to it the moment I saw it. I went back for it on many different occasions until its resident spider finally vacated.

Thanks for the responses everyone and the help.

It is going to be a long month. I love a mystery.