Thread: Rudolf Steiner
View Single Post
Old 22-10-2017, 09:17 AM
Master

Rudolf Steiner is, in my opinion, a man whose works have never really gained acceptance. I think the theosophy troubles prevented his words being taken seriously at that time. I too have read all of his books but in the original words as German is my second language, a lot of his philosophy is actually based on the roots of words.

For many years I was a member of his movement and had many fruitful (and unfruitful) discussions. He was actually born in Austria in the part which is now Croatia. For him Goethe was the man who led Steiner to his understanding of the universe as Steiner later professed. Steiner was one of the first of those modern philosophers who were able to combine scientific discoveries with Eastern philosophies.

There is a small town in Switzerland called Dornach, near Basle, which is a town which follows his philosophy and the 'Goetheanum' stands in the centre of this village like a great elephant of a cathedral. A visit is well worthwhile. Here his many talents; Architecture (the Goetheanum), Painting, Sculpture, Music, Dancing (Eurythmics), Education, can all be seen.

He had some sort of arcane understanding of nature and wrote, for example, about the life of bees, one which opened the eyes of many scientists. He also developed the Dynamic-Biological art of gardening and farming which is in use today in some ecological tending countries, Steiner explained the importance and science of composting.

Europe has a lot of Rudolf Steiner schools and there is a hospital also near Basle which treats cancer according to the benefits of misteltoe. !!

I no longer follow his footsteps but haven't forgotten his wisdom.