View Single Post
Old 14-01-2020, 03:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
YHVH (I am that I am, or I will be what I will be) is the "personal" name of God as revealed by God. Traditionally spoken by Jews as "Adonai" (my lord), as the pronunciation of the name itself was never spoken and thus has been lost to history. Christians may write this name as Yahweh or similar.
7L
The Bible speaks in numerous places of calling Yahweh by name. At times this was a common practice, that is, calling upon the name of Yahweh as mentioned in Genesis chapter 4. In Exodus 6:3, the name of God is mentioned and it is Yahweh.

The word God is transliterated as Elohim. Elohim was involved in the first creation account. First usage is Genesis 1:1.

Yahweh got introduced in the beginning of the second creation account. First usage is Genesis 2:4.

Adonai is first introduced in Genesis 15:2 as a compound expression "Adonai Yahweh".

Of the 3 words used (Elohim, Yahweh and Adonai), Yahweh is used the most in the Bible. Elohim comes in a close second and Adonai comes in a distant third.

It appears the Jews stopped using the name Yahweh, especially during the Babylonian diaspora.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜