View Single Post
Old 28-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Sarian... When EFT seems to be not working it's because there are unrecognized issues from the past that haven't been addressed. Often we can't see what needs to be treated in complex patterns like you are describing, and we need to work with a trained practitioner.

Of course that doesn't help with your exam tomorrow. I don't know how you are using EFT, but there are ways to approach it that might help you today.

One of these is to get into it more intensely... shouting the phrases if necessary... and using a setup phrase something like, "Even though I have so much doubt and frustration I can't study for my exam I deeply love and accept myself." and tapping through the acupoint sequence alternating on "doubt and frustration" and "relaxing and trusting" (or whatever terms feel right to you).

Go through the sequences again and again until you begin to feel releasing... then repeat again and again... with the same or new feeling words.

You could do the same for "depression" and "anxiety" separately or together, alternating with opposite terms such as "accepting myself" "allowing" and so on.

Or use something simple and spontaneous like "I CAN'T STUDY AND I'M SO WORRIED ABOUT THIS EXAM, BUT I LOVE AND ACCEPT MYSELF ANYWAY!" alternating through the points with "can't study" and "can study"... with some intensity.

Or simply "DOUBT!" alternating with "TRUST!" or something similar.

As for your ongoing work to get free of the difficult emotional issues you're living with I suggest using The Movie Technique to get to their origin. I'll post that next for you and others who might want to use it.

As for me and my story, I went through many years of depression, anxiety and self-criticism that didn't allow me a moment's peace. Gradually, with EFT and my spiritual practices those patterns are almost completely gone, and I haven't felt depressed in years.

Xan
Thank you Xan. On my way to pick up my daughter I was tapping, without the words, out loud anyway. I was aware of my thoughts as I did it, and thought I sensed some relief, but on my way home, the dread and anxiety and despair came back. I will keep up with this and thank you for the instructions. I am so happy that you had been freed.

Yes, I'm sure I have all sorts of issues that need to be dealt with. My friends often tell me that I am the strongest person they know and don't know how I rebound so often and well, but truth is, I have times like now, where the rebounding is getting harder and harder. Thank you Xan.