View Single Post
Old 21-12-2017, 12:43 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen.Appleton
Hi K1ng L3ar! You're common language studies sound very intriguing, and I hope you stick around and post on your progress. I'd very much like to hear more about it.

Thank you. I'm considering entry into a history/archaeology school myself. Etymology is a very fascinating field and I figured the liberal arts would be one of the few things that can't be totally automated. And it's pretty recession proof when you factor in the way it branches into the salvage industry, auctions, pawn shops, antique industry, appraisal, etc.

But for now I do it mostly as a hobby and a crucial part of understanding and advancing metaphysical practice. I've been observing the New Thought movement for a number of years now. There are things I like and things that frustrate me. In order for a simple, common spirituality or perennial wisdom to become viable it needs a common language, calendar, clock, and zodiac. Religion exerts it's influence over reality by the way it controls and interprets time.

Many great and wise people have tried to reconcile the disparities in the world religions but to no avail. One sticking point was the liturgical language that should be used. As I've said before I picked Enochian because Atlantean and Shambhalan language is simply no longer with us. If I try to put Atlantean into a search engine all that comes up is the fictitious language by the Disney movie.