View Single Post
Old 23-01-2020, 12:42 AM
Master

One of the earliest uses of the word ‘ego’ came from the Ancient Greek . . . and was the phrase ‘Ego Eimi’ . . . which was a use or phrase meaning ‘I am’ or ‘I exist.’

‘Ego’ is a word to suggest the ‘I-ness’ of and within the individual. The basic sensation of ‘I-ness’ is used to give the individual enough of a sense of value that it wishes to survive . . . as in . . . I wish to survive. The individual does not think of ‘You’ wish to survive when thinking of and from the Self. The individual does not think of ‘They’ wish to survive when considering the survival of Self. The sensation of ‘I-ness’ was given the word ‘Ego’ to carry the accepted understanding of Self within the Self. With or without the word ‘Ego’ . . . the sensation prevails. We tend to use the word in reference to the sense of ‘ I ‘ . . . or Self.

From just the sensation of ‘ I ‘ . . . all the rest is a mental spin . . . a mental conjuration . . . an attempt to understand Self . . . to define it . . . to label it . . . to find fault with or a reason for.

Other threads on the board of our need for explanations . . . how to ‘kill’ ego . . . all the jabberings of the mind to come to terms with the understanding and awareness of Self . . . with the world around the individual.

The entire battle for or against Ego is a perfect example of what the mind can do when allowed to endlessly spin out of control. Ego is a necessary sensation / awareness. What the mental understanding of this sensation is or is not . . . is truly amazing to observe. A healthy ego is just fine . . . and is of value while in these worlds. An exaggerated, demanding, controlling ego through OUR own personal set of beliefs, values, opinions, etc . . . taken into our own personal consciousness through our acceptance of said beliefs . . . whether we wanted to accept them or not . . . we still accepted them into our personal viewpoint and now consider them detrimental. Few consider the ‘ego’ to be beneficial.

If one does not want to continue with the detrimental beliefs and such . . . then change them. That is certainly a major part of the overall search for Truth. But the attempt to ‘kill’ the sense of Self . . . is rather futile. There is always the sense of ‘I-ness’ to the sense of Self . . . even in the far reaches of the Path. It is . . . however . . . something that most everyone will attempt to succeed at . . . at one time or another . . . to kill that ego . . . to kill that sense of Self. If someone wishes to try and live their life with no sense of ‘I-ness’ . . . have a great time with it. If someone wishes to try and live their life with an improved, balanced, beneficial, healthy, humble, patient sense of Self and ease up on one’s affections for environment and possessions . . . letting go of the identification of love for this world and things within it while understanding that these same ‘things’ can be used in a neutral and non-commanding manner . . . you may find some answers you’ve been looking for.

I’m not in this to bicker. Dismiss any and all you rigidly disagree with.

On we go.