View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 04:02 AM
Kepler

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoguy423
Kepler, I knew someone would ask how constructive and destructive interference would occur on a universal level.... here it is... Where there is matter in the universe... this is a result of constructive interference from gravitational effects and where there is very little or none, is destructive intereference... from what I understand. This would not relate at all to the double slit experiment as it has not been tested that gravity does indeed travel in waves.
Source?

Quote:
There has been no known creation of artificial gravity... to my knowledge anyway... only gravity blockers, although the effects are teeny weeny.
Gravity blockers? Care to provide some more information about these? Also, see the link I posted about artificial gravitation.

Quote:
JasonR ... I think if you look at Einsteins E=mc^2 .... matter is energy.
As you said, the equation is E=mc^2. The equations is not E = m. Energy is proportional to mass.

Quote:
Kepler... about the range thing... the inverse cube(or was it square) rule thingo majiggy... yes you are right.... however... I'd like to point out that at the atomic scale... electrostatic force is dominant... whereas at the universal scale... gravity is dominant...I suppose electromagnetic force falls somewhere in between, though perhaps overlapping over everything since it exists in both fields and waves.
Right. The gravitational force is proportional to the object's mass. The electrostatic force is proportional to the object's electrical charge. Planets have large masses and are basically electrically neutral. Atoms have small masses and (if ionized) large relative charges. For these reasons, gravity dominates on the large scale and electrical forces dominate on the small scale (go even smaller and nuclear forces dominate).

Also, both gravitation and electric forces have associated "fields" so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with that.

Quote:
What I'm talking about when I say Ultimate Reality is .... at the plank scale... quantum fluctuations can cause particles to pop in and out of existance!!!

What the heck!!! Here now ... gone the next ... huh ... where did it go? Is this universe just an illusion of particles and atoms appearing and disappearing so fast we think this reality is real?

Does my head in... you figure it out.
Lol, yeah. Trippy stuff.

Quote:
I know your demonstration is purely academic.... but I'd just like to say De Brogelie's equation thing is only applicable to particles, rather than something huge like a person, but yes...
No, there are no such restrictions. Source? We are made of particles.

Quote:
I can see that basically if you could walk though a door that slowly... you would definitely defract into a billions little pieces... since chaos theory would definately play a HUGE role at getting our bodies atoms out of any conceivably form and order.
Lol, chaos theory, what?