View Single Post
Old 21-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Greybeard

So....the Ascendant and Midheaven are almost at right angles in the zodiac, as I said....no intercepted signs

What is notable about this chart is its concentration of all the planets in one part of the sky, all bundled up, enclosed between Jupiter and Neptune. Jupiter, as you can see, is the first of the planets in this bundle to Rise over the horizon (he had already done that about 3 hours before your birth, which is why he is in the 11th house already. The Sun will rise about an hour after you are born. P.S.: Leo is not ruled by Jupiter, but by the Sun. Jupiter is in Leo, and is ruled by the Sun, as is the 12th House with Leo on its cusp. However, the two planets within the 12th, Saturn and Moon, are ruled by the afflicted Mercury -- who is utterly consumed by the Sun, himself in detriment. Goodness.

So Jupiter is the "Leading Planet" in this bundle pattern, and for that reason he comes into High Focus in your own psychological pattern. He assumes a preeminent position in your life and character.

The second thing I notice here is that Mars is the Final Dispositor of this chart. He has a lot of power too. He is in Scorpio, his own sign...no one else rules him. But if we follow the chain of planets ruling signs (and therefore the planets in those signs), we find that Mars ends up ruling everyone else. He is the final dispositor.....He "disposes" all the other planets. Look up the word "dispose" in your dictionary. He is the lord of all the other planets.

The third thing I notice is that Mercury, who is lord of the horoscope (He rules the rising sign of Virgo, and what is now called the Ascendant used to be called the horoscope) is Combust in the First House. The Ascendant [First House] determines your entire life course, because it is "The Beginning" (it's where the Sun and all the planets and stars first come up into view, or rise...and so is the symbolic beginning) and the beginning of anything determines its outcome. The combust Mercury (combust means very very close to the Sun... a severe "affliction" in astrology) is very near the center of the whole pattern, which is at about 10 Libra.

We also notice that all of the planets are in the Eastern half of the sky; there are none in the west.

Personally I don't believe in "past lives." Whether or not they actually exist, or really were, is not the point. The point is that we are able to deal only with this present life. Our "past life" is the period from conception to the present moment. Our "past life" is all those things hidden away in our unconscious mind, to which we are denied conscious access but which control every step along our path.

The only possible way we can deal with that "past life" is from our present position in the here-and-now. Anything else is necessarily a terrible waste of time and life energy. All people, not just you, are born "wounded." I have used that very term many times in this forum already. My root purpose in being in this forum, other than some personal entertainment, is to help people, through astrology, to begin to see how to heal their wounds. No one but you can heal yourself.