View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 08:04 PM
Seeker

Oh, courses! I'm going to try those because I understand everything you mentioned before you took the courses. My husband has a big family, so after spending a little while with them, I have to go upstairs and chill or nap. I'm definitely the butt of the joke there. Lol But I do love them.

I have definitely considered he may be an HSP as well. He has been very sympathetic at a young age. And I feel so horrible for him! He doesn't know how to deal with his own emotions, let alone other people's! That's why I try to be as comforting and "safe" for him as I can be. I know what it's like when someone sees that you are upset and tells you to "suck it up." He won't be hearing that from me. Right now, I'm trying to help him name emotions (he's still pretty young, so it's usually just me saying, "Oh, bud, I know you feel so frustrated." Or "I know you're angry, and I'm sorry.")

I will look into everything you mentioned. I honestly just realized a was an HSP very recently. I can't remember how or why or when, but it occurred to me that I was taking responsibility for feelings that weren't even mine. "Oh no, they feel sad. I can tell. How do I fix it? Did I do something wrong?" etc., etc., etc. So, any suggestions are truly welcome! I'm sort of branching out from what I've been doing in the past, and it's kind of a slow go, and a lonely one, as well.

Thanks FairyCrystal!