View Single Post
Old 27-04-2019, 03:31 AM
Master

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
I would wager . . . that if there were humans at any level that had actual working “answers” or understandings of how the mind works, what the emotions are and how they interact with mental thought, etc. . . . by now the info would have leaked out to the public LONG ago and that info would have turned the science’s of psychology and psychiatry on their heads. Since that has not happened . . . I would presume that this info has NOT reached an applicable and workable approach to the understanding of such.

it couldn't work that way. At even the gross level, Tesla for example didn't get much mileage even though he had a lot to say. This is because the world actively stood against him.

For example when he said let's transmit power through the air, it would be very efficient, the answer was we couldn't possibly transmit power through the air because there was no way to monetize that. So now we have power lines instead with electricity 'vibrating' at a rate dangerous to humans, and also waste a lot of energy because of it.

there was also something about fusion or fission or something years ago... it was touted as free energy? It was proved to be bunk at the time but I would wager that even if it wasn't bunk it would have to have been proved to be bunk anyway.. Because such a concept would have endangered the bottom lines of energy companies if was allowed to become a reality.

So who knows, maybe it wasn't bunk after all?

And that is in terms of concepts people might be even remotely willing to accept. It only gets worse from there...

---------------------------------------------------
the thing is, from what I understand the path to what you said in what I quoted is inherently unlikeable according to social norms.

So few will walk far enough along it to get 'fruits' others might be able to see well enough to form the 'proof' others are always asking for, and if they do
get to that point part of what they learn is a way not to share with the world at large.

Jesus was the exception to that rule, he was relatively open even from the small amount of historical data we now have about him. But most nonetheless find the precedent he set unpalatable so his whole message is suspect in terms of not being something people are willing to act on.

For example how many are the people who even do something as simple as turning the other cheek? It isn't a 'desirable' thing to do in the social sense and as a result many will instead put up a fight at even the slightest provocation. But this is one of the easiest things to do, apparently... yet people won't do more than give it lip service, if even that.

----------------------------------------------------------
This is also the reason 'truth' in general is so hard to find - because the deepest truths are inherently unlikeable to our sense of sociability.

If you are on the path to seeking 'truth' you find yourself having to balance between your desire to relate to others in terms of what they will accept (because part of the truth is we need to be sociable), and your desire to learn what is really going on here.