Thread: About Praying
View Single Post
Old 24-12-2011, 02:37 AM
Vey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
The part that confuses me about Prayer by a Christian is they believe God knows all. So if he knows all why do they need to ask?
If they ask for something that doesnt happen was it not Gods will for that to happen? If God's will is involved then what chance do you have in getting a prayer answerd. To me it goes in circles of insanity. Please understand this is a outsiders prospective looking in. so this concept is very foriegn to me and very confusing.

I can totally understand this viewpoint. As a Christian myself (though a lot of things I believe and accept as truths, many modern day Christians would probably get knocked off their feet and point the heretical finger...but it just takes an open mind to have it all make sense, tbh heh), it makes sense that one would wonder why an all-knowing God would need to hear a prayer to do something. Well, as I see it, our Source doesn't need per say to hear it, it's more of a mutual relationship thing.

But the way I see God is one of being basically...extradimensional and existing beyond, yet throughout time and dimensional existence. That phrase just confused even me, so it wouldnt surprise me if it doesnt make sense; so if I need to clarify, I'll be glad to try heh.

So! Prayer to me exists as a way to bring the ideas of mental visualization and spiritual expansion together with a type of communication. Not really a method to get things done the way one hopes it to be done, but more or less a way to grow and to...appreciate the finer aspects of the spirit and consciousness, and as per my Christian faith, to additionally express love towards my Lord.