View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 06:06 PM
Lepus

Hello,

The Strophalos of Hecate is a wheel that has been perceived from a passage of The Chaldean Oracles. A spiritual and philosophical texts. Shorty, the Strophalos has been viewed to contain the serpent of life, which represents creative life force. This is an ancient symbol and one of Hecate's emblem that is used by many devotees to represent and honor Hecate. Her other emblems are the black female dogs, torches, keys, and crossroads. All with their own symbolic meaning. Some followers use the Strophalos during ritual and spellwork by making a "freestyle" Strophalos using sand.

There are many theories on the origin story and its uses back in ancient times. But today many would view this symbol as Hekate Triformis. Hecate's of Three Form. Which stems from the idea of the three goddesses of the moon. And then there's the maiden, mother, and crone. Of course, there are interpretations of each part of Hecate's wheel. But I won't get into that. Unless you'd like me to. Anyway, the Wheel of Hecate is a powerful symbol for honoring Hekate and practicing witchcraft.

Speaking of Hecate. Yesterday after I posted my last comment here. I went to watch the fireworks on my television when suddenly I've seen a commercial of a statue of liberty on my screen. If you're not familiar with Hecate's appearance. She looks just like the statue of liberty holding a torch. So I thought that was Hecate. And this has happened quite often whenever I think of Her name. So in a way I am telepathically channeling Her.

I do agree that meditation does help quiet the mind chatter. And it's possibly the best method for communicating with any deity. However, I do recall having vivid dreams of rituals being performed on me. And that was after I meditated. The rituals were about cleansing. So I'd assume I needed to cleanse and protect myself from any harmful energies. So I thought why don't I receive these vivid messages during meditation? Unless you can only hear voices during deep meditation. But I've watched videos of those loyal to Hecate sharing their experience during meditation. They were able to speak to Her and see Her. Which I don't recall ever communicating with Hecate. Not even during my sleep. Okay I might have seen Her once in my dream. But can't say for sure that was Her. Anywho, I can see why they were able to have these experiences. They meditated for a long extended time. Something I struggle with. So I need to pick up on meditation again and quiet my mind. I simply sit on my comfortable chair with no music or lights. I close my eyes and let my mind wander while completely ignoring anything that pops up. I find it simple doing breathing meditation. I might incorporate meditation music after some time ahead.

Have you done any form of research on the Morrigan? Sometimes the things we perceive in the mundane especially tools can often be a representation of a deity. For instance, I recall walking in the park with my siblings when I suddenly spotted bones on the side of the trail. I picked them up with a plastic bag and continued walking. I knew Hecate wanted me to pick up the bones because right after I did I spotted a coyote crossing our paths. And we never seen a coyote in that particular park. And there was another instance where I was in an open field with no trees. I was taking pictures when suddenly I saw dried bones on the ground. I was thinking of Hecate when I picked them up. She is associated with necromancy. So I do have a clue what to do with these bones. They can be used for hexing or for a vessel. But I haven't used them yet. So it does seem like you were given all the tools needed for magical work. As for the angelfish brooch, maybe the fish is symbolic to a specific meaning. And this is what I got from it:

The symbolism of the Angelfish signifies that you should be brave and courageous enough to face all kinds of situations that reveal themselves in life. ... This symbolism teaches you to navigate smoothly through the various currents in the ocean of life with the help of your intuition and imagination.

I think it's appropriate. In some way it's describing the Morrigan. Here:

The Morrigan (also known as the Morrigu) was the shape-shifting Celtic Goddess of War, Fate and Death. She also presided over rivers, lakes and fresh water, in addition to being the patroness of revenge, night, magic, prophecy, priestesses and witches.

So the brooch might be a charm for the aforementioned qualities?

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Lepus