View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 07:57 PM
Knower

Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I often feel like I find great beauty and meaning in the darker and sad side of the life experience.

Sad music, sad or tragic stories (fiction, nonfiction, history), dark poetry, dark art, and other sad/dark things I can't think of at the moment. Of course, it is not just dark things, I appreciate the happier joyful side of art, history, life, etc. just as much (I mean I am not goth ). But I am often drawn to those darker aspects of the human experience and they in some way make me feel good instead of sad.

I am also aware that many people are not, and would rather steer clear of the darker and sad side of life. Often they almost think something is wrong with those who appreciate those sad and dark moments.

I am curious as to how others on this forum line up. Do you find you derive beauty and meaning from the darker aspects of life and are often drawn in (maybe even comforted) by them, or do they just bring you down and would prefer to avoid them when that is possible?

Any reflections on why we are one way or the other?

Pain causes us to detach and go deeper within. The more pain, the greater detachment.

If you can learn from your pain to be a good soul and not hurt others, then it’s good. If you react to it in Maya/ lust anger greed attachment ego envy and jealousy, then you’re not learning the lessons you should be learning.

The trick is to see Truth in it and use it for our betterment, to evolve into a better being.