View Single Post
Old 16-10-2018, 12:12 PM
Guide
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I think art is very imp, also.
Music, sculpture, paintings, poetry, even fashion, architecture, interior design...I don't say the word 'should' ...but it should
inspire the soul to soar or to be quietly pensive.

Nothing matters in this world if it doesn't encourage a person to be
loving, kind, to think of beautiful things.
I know some artists paint or photograph things that stir up people politically...
in that way they really intend to do the same thing, but in a more aggressive way...ok.

I am an artist, retired now, so I don't talk about it here...in galleries, restaurants all over, getting calls to be placed in airports and
government lobbies in DC, shipping all over...(I have done and can do 20 ft x 10ft pieces easily, see.)
The intent for me is just beauty and wonder...the person opens their imagination and tells me they see things I didn't even see!
It's wonderful. (So no one asks me...I'll just say metal, esp copper work.)

My stain glass pieces do something different...splashes of color with the sun coming through
actually wakes up the brain somehow ...it uplifts people 'somehow'...it's a wonderful thing.

Miss Hepburn, I'm thrilled to hear you are a retired artist, and impressed that you created 20 feet X 10 feet metal sculptures. Art is a strong interest of mine, mostly when it comes to viewing and appreciating it, because sketching is the only art I do myself. I compose poetry also, and poetry is certainly an art form.
The importance of Art, in all its many forms including music, cannot be overestimated because the beautiful vibrations it radiates nourish culture and society as a whole. If Art was non-existent, humanity would be in an exceedingly barbarous state (much more barbarous than it is now).
I have a special fondness for sculpture of all kinds, so, Miss Hepburn, I'm glad that you do such work, as well as stain glass that I very much appreciate, also.