View Single Post
Old 25-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farallon
I have tried it in the past with a hand held recording device, did a prayer of protection, surrounded myself in white light, etc., but with no luck. I am interested in starting it back up again, but wonder how do you keep negative energies from either coming in or attaching themselves to you? Hasn't happened to me, but I just wanted to make sure that it doesn't. Will the recording device on an Ipad or Iphone work, or do you recommend an actual hand held recorder? Thanks.

@Farallon, where are you doing your EVP sessions at? Cemetery? Haunted House? Your own house?

It all depends where you go and what your intent is. Doing the prayer of protection and the white light is fine. Some investigators will say its rubbish to do that, but if it makes you feel better, then do it. Wear a religious symbol that means something to you if you'd like. I'd also recommend a bottle of sage spray, so if you go to a haunted location and are nervous about something negative, just give yourself a spray before you leave.

Any audio device will work, though I'd probably get a digital audio recorder with USB and use Audacity to listen to your recordings. Sometimes spirits can mess with electronics, probably better for you to use a recorder than your Iphone or Ipad and have it get messed up.

I've been investigating for a few years now and from first hand experience, just showing up a place and getting EVP is not easy like the TV shows. First, only investigate if you are in a good frame of mine. If you are angry, sad, frustrated or anything like, then you stay home and wait for another day to go. If there happens to be a negative energy or parasite, they are looking for you when your vulnerable.

You go to your location and before you start recording, say a prayer for the spirits there, ask them if they would like to leave you a message or say hello to your recorder. Walk around and try to get a feel for the area and you might get drawn to a certain location. Let the spirits there know you are not a threat and show them respect. Get their trust and you'll get your EVPs.

If you get home and listen to your playback and hear curse words being thrown at you, don't panic. I've been cursed at plenty of times, nothing has ever happened to me or most other investigators. The ones that get in trouble are the ones who instigate do get responses because they think they are badass. Muscles and size mean nothing to something that is invisible.

Oh and one last thing. Always declare that any spirit present does not have permission to follow you out of the area you are investigating. Invoke the name of God, Jesus, whatever you are comfortable with. Repeat it several times and before you leave. Plus always thank the spirits if they tried to communicate with you. Remember, they were once living people and they are not circus acts who need to perform on our command.