View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 11:09 AM
Lorelyen

In all honesty when it comes to love for a person it depends on your conditioning. I personally can't separate the physical from the spiritual (doesn't mean I look at men (or women for that matter) carnally... just plain difficult to even think about it but I see it all around me. People make a great thing about romantic love - they hurl their emotions out and pretend "it isn't about sex" when there's at least something physical there.

It's all to do with how we're never officially allowed sexual exploration or expression until the age of consent in spite of it seething there in us since puberty, then the momentum carries this segregation forward into adulthood - as I see it.

However, I do believe it possible to love without it being physical - it's the expectation of every decent parent. It's also possible to admire intensely and/or feel compassionate toward others. Carnal wouldn't come into that. It's possible just to love someone for what they are, for the things they bring to ones life without it ever being physical - like it is for my soul mate, also female (although I think of her as attractive in the way she presents herself and being blessed with good looks). We sometimes kiss cheeks (as I do with any true friend or who's accustomed to this kind of greeting) which is more the exuberance of greeting and not necessarily to do with love at all - like hand-shaking for men, a way of saying "I'm not hostile, and pleased to meet you!"