View Single Post
Old 29-07-2018, 04:18 AM
Knower
Some people have a more defined life definition while others are more subject to their will/desires (i think having a more defined purpose is better because the path is usually smoother than trying to figure it out yourself. Having a strong incarnated purpose is likely to be a result of past posotive karma and soul intention anyway). I would say that the will of others and oneself is far stronger than whatever intention is put into an incarnation beforehand in most cases though. We think quantumly, the vast decisions possible of the soul and the enviroment enable people to move far from what their original incarnated intention is.

I find it massively suspicious however that we barely remember our past lives at all. Indeed, if we may have had many incarnations but we remember almost nothing of them than perhaps this is to faciltate our evolution in some way (especially if all is truly one anyway). Bu I am more inclined to align with the idea of the Gnostics among otherd, that our wiping of our memories is sort of a soul trap in the wheel of samsrara. The Gnostics very much understood the soul would go through many incarnations,and the Bardos of the Tibetan Book of the Dead say this as well but both seem to imply this is a negative action and is the result of karma or interference with the fabric of reality. I believe that if we did have some memories of past lives we would be MORE aware of our actions and less likely to create suffering. Interestingly, great spiritual teachers/aware-ones are said to have FULL memories of their past lives.