View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 10:01 PM
Pathfinder
Dionysus; does anyone know/worship him?

First of all, I'm a witch who believes in all gods/goddesses. I don't believe any of them are entirely good or evil, even if they claim to be, but I do believe most of them are incredibly powerful, individual entities. I don't worship all deities but I do honor/work with Morrigan and Aphrodite. I've also had interactions with Freyja (she's wonderful) and Nyx (who didn't appreciate me bothering her).

As you can see I've never interacted with any gods, only female deities. I usually don't connect with male energy. But suddenly the other day Dionysus popped up in my head very... strongly. And not just because I love wine! Haha. I decided to look into him and realized his philosophy and what he represents resonates with me on an incredible level. From what I've seen he's this wild God of ritual madness (most of my magic involves a lot of chaos), intoxication (which CAN be spiritual), religious ecstasy, and everything primal. I want to contact him but I'm not sure how he'll react, some deities are very standoffish and even angry. When I tried to contact Nyx she plagued me with nightmares until I apologized for approaching her. I don't want to repeat something like that.

I'm going to try to contact him regardless of any nerves I might have, but I figured it would be good to hear about experiences other's might have had with him. So...any Dionysians here? How should I approach him? What should I offer him, besides the obvious??