View Single Post
Old 14-02-2018, 09:00 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
By this notion would everything spiritual not just come from the brain?

Essentially we use the brain to steer the ship - if we are also contemplating the soul & that it exists beyond the physical body then by that standard the "ego" could also exist.

I have no dog in the fight but I find the topic interesting since - again I have no ego in the spiritual sense as far as I am concerned anyway. I have said previously that I only identify as "I" for others convenience & communication ....

But nobody had a response to that one ....

Whatever you say but whatever gets to the body, it's spirituality, has to get into the brain somewhere. Even if just to be recognised, to be able to act on the rest of what we do. I agree there are mysteries yet to be "solved" in that there's some kind of 6th sense that picks up seemingly metaphysical signals, events, whatever. And allows us to discharge energies through supernatural media... I'm working on it!

I do have a response to your closing line. It doesn't make sense. To be aware of not having an ego stems from awareness (perceptions that may expect a behavioural response) and they require an ego.