View Single Post
Old 13-02-2018, 05:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstars
Ramana Maharshi

It is the ego itself which makes an effort to get rid of itself, so how can it die? If the ego is to go, then something else must kill it.

If I may I'd like to relay an experience. Logically you are correct, but as was pointed out in relation to mind developing, the idea of dying is developed from some thing. The ego (may) want to change but on it's terms as is implied, but change itself is (like) death. It (can) feel that way. The ego part of self fears it will go away, it will no longer be especially in terms on HS. The ego side, the body and all its barriers. It is often said it requires letting go of the ego, killing it. The words we use (from the start) are probably not very good either. You are really a thought anyway, what is perceived.

Now the ego may want to change but this takes a long time, idk. The ego will protect itself, that is our survival instinct. Alls I can say is I did not want to become something else, this would be like death of me. I myself have used the word death of ego to which feels like it. The concept of the ego imo is in the brain, but the ego is not really the"ego" We seem to want to make it out there are two separate consciousnesses, not just one because it seems that way for sure. It could be the language of fear of our first intention we pick up on, as much as cause and effect in how we say it.

Here I merely want to share the experience of what I felt as I thought about it. The thought was the experience. Now I will say I use to have loads of fear before now.