View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 01:33 PM
Lorelyen

An interesting subject and approach. I see the word "quantum" bandied about a lot these days, a few times on this forum - but with none of the rigorous mathematical description that normally accompanies discussion on say quantum mechanics.

The maths, I admit, are beyond me - all calculus and probability functions - but bringing the notion of quantum mechanics/physics into spirituality seems as loose and supposition-laden as some other systems or pathways or whatever you wish to call them found on the forum.

It all comes down to beliefs, obviously, and finding a model that works for the individual pursuing spiritual development, but what quantum work I've looked at (in admittedly just a few days since first trying one of these videos) does't seem to map too well onto spiritual beliefs and practices. I can see analogies and the infinity of possibilities - worlds that exist within us and unique to us are there - if you want to call them an infinite range of "realities" that's fine. Science fiction and fantasy attempt to manifest them at an anecdotal level. They all involve probability at various stages - as their existence and the events evolving within them.

But it would be nice if the analogies and examples could be supported more rigorously than anecdote. Basic mathematical expressions or references to same would give these ideas more credibility. Quantum manifestation would seem to involve probability in a big way but that didn't come across in this linked video.