View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 11:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValVan
What are the differences between soul and consciousness? Am I my soul?
When people say, when you die your soul will go where it belongs. Why use "my"? Does it mean, when your body dies, you <your soul> go where you belong?

Different people have different definitions for the words they use. In the context of psychic phenomena, for me "soul" is that which incarnates in the physical. "Consciousness" is a dimension that covers all the existence planes, on which the "soul" focuses: when you're awake your "soul" focuses on the physical range of consciousness, when you dream, project, die, your "soul" focuses on non-physical ranges of consciousness. Remember: in the non-physical there are neither space nor time dimensions, as we experience them here on the physical plane.

The "where you belong" has, in my view, a religious connotation, implying a God, a higher power that decides, on whatever criteria, your fate in the afterlife. I don't believe so.

I believe that when you die you wake up to the awareness your "soul" has over there, an widely expanded awareness compared to your awareness now.