View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 03:16 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoclassicalGuitar
Every day I get very aggressive feelings, mostly in the evening. It could be if someone treated me badly or bullied me, and I wanted to get revenge, so in my mind I imagine how I hit them or make them feel bad. These feelings of anger are tearing me down. I get them more and more often, and I've tried not to react to them, but I simply don't know how to get away with them.
Can you please tell me what to do?

Neo, you made a good move by posting this question. Seeking advice from other people can make a huge difference in our lives. Too many people hold their difficulties inside without expressing themselves. This often leads to a problem becoming worse than it really is.

First and foremost, I want you to know that feeling anger and aggression is natural if someone is treating you badly. All respectful people including you deserve to be treated with respect and fairness. If there is a person that is consistently bullying you or treating you badly, you need to tell the person to stop. You can tell them how they're making you feel or you can throw a little verbal jab back at them. If they do not stop, you should distance yourself from them until you know they are ready to treat you with respect. Based on what you wrote, it sounds like someone is bullying you everyday. If that's the case, distancing yourself from those people might be enough to stop your aggression from occurring.

That is the first thing that has to be done. The second thing is to be mindful of how your thinking influences your feelings. By challenging and changing our thoughts into ones that are more self-helping and rational we can shift our emotions. Once you come up with the new rational thought, really think about why your new thought pattern is self-helping and accurate. By repeating this process with persistence we can form new habits of thinking.