View Single Post
Old 17-07-2016, 08:29 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaceofepicness
Thank you for your answer! :)

I am trying to meditate at the moment, but I find it very difficult to concentrate. I don't know whether I am doing it correctly.

I listen to OmHarmonics binaural beats, but do you think it helps?

Will meditation just get easier the more I do it, and will I become less bored when doing it?

I don't know anything about OmHarmonics - but whatever gets you into that space is what works for you. Sometimes CDs help me calm down, other times they're annoying.

There are lots of different kinds of techniques on the Meditation thread, lots to chose from.

Yes I think it will get easier but I think it's more about quality of meditation than quantity. The more you can relax, the sharper you can hold your concentration, the less noisy your mind gets...all these things will encourage you (there's nothing like success to motivate). And most important of all don't stress yourself out about it. In many ways meditation is like slipping out of your clothes, then slipping out of your underwear, then stepping into a nice hot tub and soaking :)

At first it's boring because you're not having any experiences and you're waiting for something to happen. But look at how excited a small child is to see a cloud in the sky. Just the art of looking in a new way can get you going.

best of luck with it!