View Single Post
Old 13-01-2019, 12:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPVerma

OUR PRESENT and PAST KARMA and our connection with God and Nature determines our death story. Though we all arrive in this world alike from mothers womb but our departure varies vastly. Some die peacefully, some after a long struggle of illness and suffering and some meet violent death. It takes lifetime to write the script of our death. Though we are all afraid of death, we can reduce the fear and face death with confidence by acquiring knowledge or trick of averting a miserable end. So how do different people die ?

i. Those who are comparatively sinless, have practiced Yoga/ meditation, have the real knowledge about God ,and contact with Nature and Soul, have nothing to fear. They have the privilege to leave this world as per their will.

ii. Knowledge of God , Nature, and Soul establishes our link with them and they protect and prevent us from doing sinful activities. A common person has no knowledge and link with God, therefore he creates mixed Karma. So he suffers and dies in hospital or home after a battle.

iii. The third category of person have their own view about God, have no contact with Him whatsoever, no idea about Karma and Nature's Laws, do not practice prayer/ Yoga, Indulge in sense gratification, violence ( human and animal sacrifice ) meet horrible death.

When we know that we would be born again after our physical demise, our
fear concerning it reduces. All the more when we have done pious work, not harmed anyone and lived a duty bound spiritual life we will have no fear of death and could face it confidently.

This post of OPVerma is quite fascinating!

Surely we don't have any PAST KARMA, all we have is (and karma would exist even within a godless life and only evolution taking place) is our PRESENT KARMA. The SUM total of everything I've ever thought, said and done results in the NOW. At the moment I'm sitting at the window writing this on my PC with an occasional glance at the falling snow. That's it. This moment, the chair I'm sitting on, the make of PC, the table lamp and so on are all the result of decisions I have made or I have allowed to be made for me, so NOW is the full realisation of my karma. As I try to live healthily and like long walks I'm still fit and well, this belongs to my karma too and here I have nothing to complain about. Having such a nice life is also of course part of a collectiveness of all karmas and we can assume that the neighbourhood in which I live, the town in which I live, the county, country, continent and planet on which I live all has to do with my karma. Even a fish has karma.

Comparative sinlessness - fascinating stuff. You mean that sin can be graded? I once was introduced to a Muslim woman who had no hands, they'd been chopped of because she had stolen. She had however stolen because she had no food for her children… I wonder what grade this would be? And this bit about having real knowledge of God, well we are missing a real opportunity here. Please introduce me to such a knower. Nor did I know that meditation and yoga are deemed necessary to know God.

These common people who have no knowledge of God, who have 'mixed' karmas - are these the people who we can understand to have died say in Hiroshima or in the Concorde air crash in Paris?

And that third group who apparently are ignorant about everything and who die horrible deaths. The most horrible death I can think of at the moment would be to be drawn and quartered, a practice recommended by Christian societies a few hundred years ago. A death probably slightly worse than say having one's head cut off.

Right at the end it seems, between the lines, that you are not quite sure if we (you) will be born again, let's hope your beliefs are valid, at least to some extent.

Dear OPVerma, I'm not attempting to in any way devalue your input but you have used so many assumptions as facts that it cannot stand as written, IMO!