View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadley
Radar, fully actualizing your soul's purpose would be akin to becoming "fully enlightened". In other words, peope often have the misconception that you all of a sudden find enlightenment, or you are "saved" or your purpose is completed like a homework assignment or something. Every single human is by some degree enlightened and every single human on some level is fulfilling their purpose. It is an ongoing process that takes eons, maybe longer :)

I'm not talking about realizing soul purpose on an ultimate level -- which I agree could only culminate in enlightenment -- but rather the soul's intentions for a particular lifetime. Maybe a good way to put it would be the act of "selling out" on one's spiritual path -- what repurcussions would this have in terms of that individual's spiritual evolution? As far as your assertion that every human being is on some level fulfilling their purpose, I agree, but I do think that it would be possible for a soul to spend a potentially very long period of time, lifetimes even, in a state of relative stagnation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadley
I guarantee you that you will not fully actualize your soul's purpose in your current lifetime.

I don't think there's any way for any human being -- enlightened or otherwise -- to "guarantee" that about anyone.

Travis