Thread: The Whole
View Single Post
Old 20-01-2018, 04:25 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
As any adept musician (and muse-ician ) well knows, you are in Nirvana wherever you may 'here-and-now' be if you love and enjoy and so 'groove' with whatever you are 'here-and-now' seeing, hearing, feeling, saying and doing (or not doing)!

This realm of 'duality' is the perfect medium to 'abrade' and so polish your rough edges till you love-and-joy-'jewel' shine!

Life's 'design' in this regard couldn't possibly be any 'better', IMO.

'Buddhistic' self-annihilation (emotional 'detachment') isn't at all a 'requirement' in this regard, except it may the only way that 'novices' get a 'sense' of what the 'goal' in this regard is, IM0.

Woohoo!

Yeah I agree with all that.

One of the first things I explain to anyone looking for enlightenment is that what they are looking for, they already are. 'Tis a magical truth.

It's funny cause even though there is no goal, when you take the perspective that there is a goal, there are actually a few different things that could be referred to as the goal.

- For example, dissolution of the ego. When you're no longer looking through the filter of the ego, you are realized and in Nirvana.

- Or, with a totally nondualistic perspective, you are realized and in Nirvana.

- Or, if your sense of self lies completely in the stillness of the self, you are realized and in Nirvana.

When I say that I "stay in duality", I am actually referring to taking a conscious back-step in all 3 of these things, and probably more.