View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 07:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather
I care a lot about plants, and it's actually one of many reasons why I am vegetarian. Lots of rainforests are destroyed so people can grow beans that end up in the farms so there can be beef, pork, and chicken on the plate. This means a whole library of plant life and trees are destroyed and going extinct. We cannot avoid not having an impact but reducing it, and eliminating certain practices, is key..

When I grew up we had fruit trees, bushes, and many veggies in the garden. Plants are beautiful and I care a lot. I don't pick flowers and never step on them either. When I see tree trunks cut or an area of forest cut down it breaks my heart. If I'm in a neighbourhood with no or few trees, and see people's ''gardens'' being just grass and stone it makes me at unease. Not only because the plants provide homes for animals, but also because plants are beautiful by themselves. I could stare at on old tree or the details of a cabbage plant for hours. It is truly magnificent. But we can't avoid not partaking in the web of life, so what is left to do for me is to reduce harm done..
a lot of land is cleared for people to eat as well, but we have to eat something. I feel very fortunate to live where I do. Where nature is all around me. Nature and farm's do co exist. I know the gardens you mentioned. I don't care for them either. But if you look for it you can find beauty in anything if nature made it that way. I have a couple gardens myself. One in a public area for the world to see. Another in my back yard. I like to plant native plants in my area.