View Single Post
Old 27-06-2018, 10:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones[QUOTE
boy]Nobody is saying there is only one way. Heck I am not a Buddhist nor do I do any Buddhist practices. So I definitely don't believe there is only one way.

I also agree that each persons way is personal. We each have our own unique issues and fears that we have to work through.

It doesn't mean that we can't still have common experiences. Energy and how people first start to experience that is a perfect example.

Even in meditation we can have common stages or sign posts.

Well that is good then, that your open minded to the totality of life experiences unique to each individual, regardless of beliefs and sign posts held by others, pointing the way and directions.

Quote:
Here is an example.

Quote:
I think many people who meditate can relate to these various stages.

Now is Samatha the end state?

No, it is not, I would say this is really just another beginning but it can help someone know there is more and where they are with their practice using time tested texts from some old guy.

Well I must say the information you offered, was interesting to read. If you need something to gauge yourself against it is all well and good. The mind likes to know what the self is doing and compare, weigh up its growth etc etc. In the process of opening and noticing yourself you can understand your own awareness and openings quite naturally. Just by paying attention. Observing and noticing more ongoing. It just depends on how deep you go into yourself to notice the fullness of those openings.

In living this life, life itself can naturally lead you through processors to understand yourself moving and opening, what it all means and how it assists your own growth. The self itself is a good guide for its own sign posts directing itself, through listening and noticing as I mentioned. Even if you don't know, often the unknown will appear to show you a bigger picture that you might need and often it shows the way you need it.